Medior/Senior Software Engineer
Do you believe in the future of the blockchain? And do you want to become a pro in the Fintech sector? Get involved at Blockrise as our new Software Engineer.
Who we are
At Blockrise, we are driven to bring the potential of blockchain technology to the financial sector. More than just programmers, we are the developers of innovative FinTech solutions, making us one of the leading crypto custodians in the European market. We are looking for eager and reliable professionals, with whom we can build a great company together.
What drives you
You want to play a part in the development of services with a direct impact on the crypto markets. Through our services, our customers can securely trade, store and manage their crypto. Our wallets combine Hardware Security Modules with blockchain technologies, making our solutions secure, transparent and scalable.
What you'll do
- Independently execute software projects: from research to concept and completion. Using Nest.js (TypeScript) and/or Spring (Kotlin) and other relevant technologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand requirements, deliver high-quality solutions and perform code reviews.
- Using your problem-solving skills, address technical challenges and optimize system performance and security.
- Keep up with industry trends, technologies and best practices to improve team capabilities.
- Maintain clear documentation, participate in testing and ensure smooth deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or software engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience as a software engineer.
- You have mastered at least one of the following programming languages: Kotlin, TypeScript or something similar
- Extensive experience developing web applications using modern frameworks such as Nest.js (TypeScript) or Spring (Kotlin).
- Good understanding of microservices architecture and RESTful API design principles.
- Proven track record working with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL, and ability to optimize queries for performance.
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- Experience with version control systems, CI/CD pipelines and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with frameworks such as Vue or React is a plus.
- Passion for crypto is nice, but certainly not a requirement.
- Furthermore, you are a strong communicator, problem-solver, and a critical thinker who is not afraid to give or receive feedback.
- Deadlines are no problem for you and you enjoy delivering projects from start to finish.
What you get from us
- Money. Salary is based on your experience (€55.000 to €80.000 yearly, depending on experience).
- Up to €300 to spend on something that will make your job easier, such as good headphones, custom keyboard or mouse.
- Profit sharing program.
- Travel reimbursement / NS Business Card.
- Spacious office on the 23rd floor of Blaak555.
- 1 minute walk from metro station Beurs or 5 minute walk from Blaak station
- Hybrid work is negotiable
- Fun team with all kinds of initiatives such as walks after lunch, sports together, a lot of outings and weekly drinks on Fridays.
- Extra paid vacation time is always negotiable.
- Paid training to keep up to date with developments in your field.
- Blockrise merchandise such as a cool green t-shirt.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the office included (when needed).
Hopefully you'll be joining our team soon! Are you curious about the work environment or want to see what else we have to offer? You are welcome to join one of our weekly drinks, or work on your current job or gig, in our office. And if you’re ready to apply, please fill out the form below.
We expect to get back to you within one working day, and strive to come to a job offer within two weeks. We consider every application regardless of your background and beliefs. After an introduction, an assignment may be part of the application process.